Friday, August 10, 2012

More knitting... less nephron

For a while, I will be a little more knitting- a little less nephron. A welcome break in my work life may allow me to get started again on the blog as I intended it to be - some random ideas and observations - since I have more time to actually POST.

One of the things that got me inspired to post again was this new blog: InfertylMyrtle - also can be found as a facebook page: Infertyl-Myrtle's Facebook page, which I like especially for the quotes/photos she has posted. A little inspiration for the journey. I waxed a little poetical on a comment on her blog, with far too many analogies to be tolerated by most normal people. Point being, I'm finding myself at a bit of a crossroads and trying to find my way forward. To borrow lyrics from Sara Bareilles' song Uncharted : Compare where you are where you wanna be and you'll get nowhere

To throw another quote at you from Andre Gide: "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time"
Since I've also recently moved, this has literal and figurative meaning for me at  the moment.

Alright on to the mundane.... 
A New Find: at the grocery store- Coconut/Almond Milk blend! It's better than either of them alone and finally a more reasonable option to dairy milk for Muesli or when you just need a glass of milk (paleo-brownies, I'm looking at you)
Almond Breeze Coconut-Almond milk blend!

Recipe:  The aforementioned paleo-brownies... the center is the best if you accidentally overcook them like I did
BakerGal's chewy paleo brownie recipe


Yes, I know... brownies are NOT technically paleo. I get that. honey = sugar. I don't actually care. I like my chocolate now and then and figure this is better than 'real thing' nutritionally speaking. 

See, wasn't that fun? (I'm sort of talking to myself since no one actually, ahem, reads this blog....) 

maybe less than a year before my next post? Here's hoping.... 

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I loved your new blog! I gave a shout out on my page so hopefully you will get more followers. Please keep writing as I will be following and reading! I love recipes also, so I will be trying your brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to be more knitting less nursing but exams loom!

    ReplyDelete